Power Apps mainly is a platform to facilitate you on your palm. It allows you to create Mobile Apps that can run on Android, iOS, Windows (Modern Apps) – and with almost any Internet browser.
The objective of PowerApps is to enable business users to build new capabilities via apps without any expertise or prior training. It’s a visual design which has drag-and-drop functionality and is user friendly too.
PowerApps allows personalised as well as customised apps using their own data. Apps built through Power Apps provide rich business logic and workflow capabilities to transform their traditional method of business to digital, automated processes. Moreover, apps built using Power Apps have a responsive design, and can run seamlessly in browser or on mobile devices without any hassle. Only by using a data source one can build PowerApp.
Let’s have a look at the easy n friendly functions to build the app part using ‘Sharepoint. Build a data source and fill it with sample data.
- Log in to web.powerapps.com and create a connection with the data.
- Create a fresh app using the option: SAVE APP!. Surprisingly simple!
- Now let’s take a look at the data source.
- Using SharePoint as a data source for PowerApps. You can see on your screen a SharePoint list generated including Investment(i.e.) in which five columns are added. Fill the list in a single row of data so that you would can have some demonstrations to preview the App .
- It’s always wise to start with demo app building to experience the ease of steps and get influenced to build or customise the app.
- Creating a Data Connection in PowerApps.
- Open browser and connect to www.powerapps.com.
- From the left using the navigation panel, expand the data and click on the connections. This will pop-up a window with all the connections already created.
- To create a fresh connection with SharePoint, click on + New Connection.
- Select SharePoint from the provided list. With a click on SharePoint it allows to enter the already available credentials. By adding new data one can create the link to SharePoint.
- Move to the home tab, and hover over start from data, click on “Make this app.”
- With a click on ‘Make this app ‘ powerapps.com. gets activated and will ask to connect to your data.
- SharePoint site gets connected to the list where data has been stored.
- Select the list from the options available and click ‘CONNECT’.
- With a click on its new app will be created. A pop up on the screen, will be displayed, just click ‘SKIP ‘ for now.
- The app generated provides three screens.
- A Display screen, a Detail screen, and an Edit screen. Display screen shows all the current expenses, unfortunately it doesn’t show the columns we want. Have a look at the procedure to use the GUI to customize the display screen to display the appropriate columns. To customize the display gallery, Watch the below animated gif. Click on the gallery and go into the properties and update the columns.
Now let’s test our generated new app by previewing it. Click on the ‘ Play Icon’ on the top right to have a preview of the app.